09 May 2012

Pointed video post – ‘The Art of Reason’ by Threshold


I will not let my idle, long-winded bloviations get in the way of such a talented and astute songwriter as Threshold’s Richard West – particularly not on a song like this one.  Best to allow it to speak for itself:
Sorry for being angry, sorry for being numb;
Sorry for all the dreaming I really should have done –
I thought that I was blameless, I thought that I was safe;
I thought that a happy ending would happen anyway.

Shallow the crusader and shallow their crusade,
But deep the ideology that brings them into play.
Political correctness, a foil for our minds:
A false exoneration to cover up the crimes.

I can't believe we never noticed;
I can't believe it took so long
For us to turn around the future,
By standing up for what we all believed in all along.

It was there right before our eyes; we were blind not to realise:
In the rush to be globalised we signed away our freedom.
We forgot how to criticise; we were scared to be demonised.
As the truth was neutralised we lost the art of reason.
It has historically been the case that Britain has put out the highest calibre of ‘thinking man’s’ heavy metal; glad to see that the tradition of Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden and Legend is alive and healthy in Threshold.

No comments:

Post a Comment