28 May 2012

Pointless video post – ‘Low’ by Testament



Low is a fairly unappreciated album in the Testament library, often eclipsed by the much better-acclaimed (among my thrash metalhead acquaintance, anyway) The Gathering, but it still very much manages to be one of my favourite albums from one of my favourite metal bands. Chuck Billy’s death growl vocals mesh seamlessly here with the thrashy instrumentation and a crisp, balanced production in a style I can really appreciate; and of course the anti-war, anti-corporate-capitalist and anti-imperialist lyrics on the album (not just this song, take a listen to ‘P.C.’!) don’t hurt it a bit in my humble estimation. One thing is sure, though, I’m very much looking forward to the release of their new album Dark Roots of Earth later this summer. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment