02 August 2012

Gawker on the contempt of NYT for its readers

Well, more specifically, Drew Magary on the topic. But I agree completely with every single point made here; the New York Times is absolutely part of the problem when it comes to how celebrity- and conspicuous consumption-obsessed our culture is. I think perhaps some Cetagandan (from the Vorkosigan Saga) body-snatchers may have shown up on Old Earth and kidnapped and replaced the entire staff of the New York Times Style section for the sole purpose of propagating their decadent culture amongst us. Oh, wait - they did that a long time ago; my bad.

Anyhow, read the takedown of the article; Mr Magary does a much better job than I could have of dissecting the multiple layers of privileged douchebaggery than I could.

No comments:

Post a Comment