23 February 2010

Awful lawful good


Just 'cuz Paradox Interactive is possibly the most awesome nerd-based company ever, except possibly BioWare.


My gentle readers, I have a confession to make (though I've been out of the closet arguably since high school). I am a nerd. And, apparently, despite being a pragmatic pacifist, a militant goody-two-shoes. I'm just surprised that my CON attribute was higher than my INT - guess going to Classical and getting a 3.8-ish GPA in college didn't outweigh my lack of allergies and my resistance to cold and alcohol. Also, somewhat troublingly, I seem to have lawful-neutral tendencies. (Good thing my Lenten discipline doesn't include silly online quizzes or blogging, by the way, or I'd be in real trouble.)

I Am A: Lawful Good Human Paladin (4th Level)

Ability Scores:
Strength-13
Dexterity-11
Constitution-16
Intelligence-14
Wisdom-13
Charisma-11

Alignment:
Lawful Good A lawful good character acts as a good person is expected or required to act. He combines a commitment to oppose evil with the discipline to fight relentlessly. He tells the truth, keeps his word, helps those in need, and speaks out against injustice. A lawful good character hates to see the guilty go unpunished. Lawful good is the best alignment you can be because it combines honor and compassion. However, lawful good can be a dangerous alignment because it restricts freedom and criminalizes self-interest.

Race:
Humans are the most adaptable of the common races. Short generations and a penchant for migration and conquest have made them physically diverse as well. Humans are often unorthodox in their dress, sporting unusual hairstyles, fanciful clothes, tattoos, and the like.

Class:
Paladins take their adventures seriously, and even a mundane mission is, in the heart of the paladin, a personal test an opportunity to demonstrate bravery, to learn tactics, and to find ways to do good. Divine power protects these warriors of virtue, warding off harm, protecting from disease, healing, and guarding against fear. The paladin can also direct this power to help others, healing wounds or curing diseases, and also use it to destroy evil. Experienced paladins can smite evil foes and turn away undead. A paladin's Wisdom score should be high, as this determines the maximum spell level that they can cast. Many of the paladin's special abilities also benefit from a high Charisma score.



Anyway, my first paper in microeconomics is due tomorrow, and I've made some good progress on it. The choice of topic was a marginal cost/benefit analysis of either legalised sex work or legalised weed - my micro professor seems to love controversy. He seemed appreciative when I spoke up against the health insurance industry in class; though he was already in agreement with me about the social destructiveness of wholly-privatised profit-driven health insurance I got pretty thoroughly schooled. Important life lesson: don't argue insurance with a guy who's worked in it for twenty years unless you've got all your facts really well-organised.

Speaking of insurance, kudos to Sheldon and Jack for fighting the good fight: signing the Bennett letter and taking a principled stand for a strong public option. You've both earned my vote!

No comments:

Post a Comment