01 February 2022

Happy Spring Festival 2022, and Happy Year of the Tiger!


Well, here it is. The big three times twelve approaches. For those of you who, like me, are also tigers, make sure to wear red this year. I already got my red boxers and red bracelet on, courtesy of my thoughtful and caring wife. Given how poor my luck has been these past few years in terms of my career and just generally keeping my life together, I really am hoping there’s something to the traditional Chinese wisdom on this.

That having been said, 祝大家:新年快乐、恭喜发财、虎虎生威、虎运连年、年年有余、万事如意、大吉大利!To all I wish a happy Spring Festival, or Chinese New Year or Lunar New Year or whatever you want to call it. And please don’t indulge in any PC culture-warrior shenanigans on my blog. Taking offence at what you call Spring Festival is every bit as much bad-faith snowflakiness as the so-called War on Christmas is.

The fam and I enjoyed a very nice traditional New Year’s Eve meal consisting of chicken jiaozi with vinegar and soy sauce, spring rolls, sausages, cashews and almonds, sunflower seeds, a nice white wine (for the adults; hot cocoa for the kids), fresh fruits, pineapple cakes and other desserts. Wishing all of my gentle readers a similarly pleasant and cosy celebration today!

No comments:

Post a Comment